• We convert your old boring plastic debit/credit card into metal (stainless steel).
• We transplant the data from your old plastic card to your new metal card. We engrave all of your card information on the back of the card. (unless you choose not to).
• You will have a fully functional metal credit card that you can USE. Sadly, the tap and pay feature will not be available. You can still use your phone for the Tap to Pay feature but we’re 100% sure that you won’t use it after receiving your card!
HOW WE DO IT?
• To be able to have a fully functional metal card you will have to ship us your existing plastic card. We will then transfer all the data from your old card to your new metal card. Yes, our state of the art machines transfer all the data.
• We will return your original card along with your new personalized metal card.
TOTAL SECURE PROTECTION
• SugaCards Inc. GUARANTEES this process is safe or YOUR MONEY BACK!
• Through the combination of our SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypted website as well as our secure transaction processing system by Stripe.com, we GUARANTEE safe keeping of your personal information when in possession of your card(s). As well as IMMEDIATE safe disposal of the information when not.
HOW LONG IS THE PROCESS?
• From your online checkout purchase, to the arrival of your METAL card at your doorstep, our average estimated TOTAL delivery time is 7-14 days upon the arrival of your plastic card at our facility! We finish your card within a day, the whole other process is the shipping.
• We specialize in quick service to ensure you are without your card for the least amount of time possible!
HOW TO PICK A DESIGN!
• We make absolutely any and every design imaginable
• This aspect is completely custom to you, so think carefully as to what you want laser engraved on your own personalized METAL credit/debit card!
• If you’re really stuck, play around with our extremely interactive website to see what your card would look like OR email us your ideas so our in-house graphic designers can get back to you with a mock up!
• You can even upload any logo/image you wish, however, the buyer takes full responsibility in acknowledging that the image they sent us is not copyright.
• The logo/image must be high-quality (preferably Vectorized or with a transparent background). Our website will convert it for you!
DOES IT WORK AT ATM MACHINES AND EVERYWHERE ELSE?
• Yes, your metal card does work in all ATM machines!.
• Your original plastic card will still work in the ATM machines without the EMV chip. The ATM machines will be reading the magnetic strip from your plastic card. So it is preferred to use your plastic card in the ATM machines instead.
• You can also certainly setup your smartphone to use the contactless feature (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, etc.) to access the ATM machines. A bank representative will certainly help you with that if you ask.
• If your metal card does get stuck in these machines, walk into the branch with your ID to claim your card back.
• Your new metal card should work everywhere your plastic card works.
DOES THE TAP AND PAY FUNCTION STILL WORK?
• No, it will not. But you can always use your smartphone to enable “tap and pay” with your phone if this is something that you would like to keep.
• But believe us, none of our customers want to tap when they receive their fully custom METAL cards, the look on your server/teller/store clerk/etc. face when they feel the weight and look at the personalization of the METAL is priceless.
• The tap and pay (contactless) feature is very tricky. Some of the antennas are actually in the plastic card themselves. Some are only on the EMV chip. It is hard to tell without removing the EMV chip first.
• We are still researching on a technology to enable the transfer of “tap and pay” functionality. At this time, we do not have one.
DOES THE MAGNETIC STRIP WORK?
• Yes, we transfer the data from your plastic card over to the metal card.
• Some POS machines (mostly the older ones) could have a hard time reading the magnetic strip since it is on a metal card. They might have to be swiped 2-3 times for it be read. Some rare cases it might not be read it all. Although very rare, this is a problem once again only with the older POS card readers since they were designed to with old less accommodating software.
• Everything on the card can be customized. After all, it is your card and you can design it anyway you would like. We are here to help you with the design.
DO YOU OFFER INSURANCE ON THE CARDS?
• Yes, this is available for purchase at checkout as an add on! 30 days money back if there is a functionality issue with the metal card, a onetime replacement metal card if yours is lost or stolen within the first 365 days, as well if your card expires within 365 days from original purchase date.
WHAT TO DO IF MY CARDS IS STOLEN OR LOST?
• CONTACT YOUR BANK IMMEDIATELY. Treat the loss of your metal card as if you had lost your original, bank-issued card. We suggest contacting your bank immediately and discussing what options you have to protect yourself against fraud. NOTE: All banking institutions monitor member card activity via the 16-digit card number printed on the card—they do not monitor the plastic card itself. Thus, report your bank-issued card as lost or stolen, EVEN IF THE BANK-ISSUED CARD REMAINS IN YOUR POSSESSION. (Some banking institutions even provide real-time fraud alerts.) SugaCards does not warranty lost or stolen metal cards.
• Notify your bank immediately to have it canceled. ALL banking institutions monitor member card activity via the numbers on the card, not the card itself. Some institutions provide fraud alerts. Please visit your banking institution's website for further information. SugaCards does not cover costs for a lost or stolen card.
• If you have purchased the add on insurance at checkout we will create and ship you back a replacement (1 time) METAL card if the occurrence falls between 365 days from original purchase date.
HOW TO SEND CARD PROPERLY?
• Clients with their bank institution apps can track, in real time, if any unwanted transactions occur throughout the estimated 7 day card reconstruction process. Allowing them the peace of mind that their funds are protected.
• However, for complete peace of mind, clients can submit either a frozen/locked or inactivated plastic debit/credit card for maximum security in transport!
• We always provide tracking #’s so you will know exactly where your package is in real time from start to finish!
DOES IT SCRATCH?
• Due to the nature of the material and inherent byproduct of swiping any type of payment card threw a card machine; our cards too will show signs of wear & tear just like any other. Scuffing is inevitable. Yet, the coating/plating used to create our cards are “permanent” and would require deliberate action to remove. Thankfully, SugaCards does offer a comprehensive warranty in the event a card shows signs of manufacture defect.
WHAT DOES MY WARRANTY COVER?
• SugaCards will only provide warranty for the ORIGINAL purchased defective card for up to 60 days from date of order.
• Lost, damaged and or stolen cards do not fall under warranty but will be replaced if you have previously purchased the add on insurance at checkout (just pay the $35 shipping).
• Defective* means: Magnetic strip is separating from the metal card, or no longer scans and/or is not being read by charge card machines. (Be advised not all card readers are the same; please ensure the consistency of the problem before contacting us). Accidental demagnetization of the card is not covered under warranty. Some POS machines are built different than others, try multiple before contacting us.
WHAT WE ARE NOT
• SugaCards is NOT a credit card company. We do NOT offer credit, reward programs or points. We ONLY upgrade plastic debit/credit cards (with magnetic strips & EMV chips) by engraving your personal design onto your choice of metal.
• There are NO APPLICATIONS. NO ANNUAL FEES. NO MINIMUM PURCHASE. NO CREDIT CHECKS. You can get a metal credit card if you have any plastic card that you would like for us to convert into metal. Simple as that.
METAL CREDIT CARD SPECS:
• Material: Stainless Steel
• Size: 85.60 mm × 53.98 mm (3.370 in × 2.125 in)
• Weight: 24 grams (Heavier than AMEX Black Card)
• Thickness: .8mm
• If you have any of these rare EMV Chips we cannot work on your creation.